You can be a catalyst for change! Raise your voice and join the Alzheimer Society in providing Help for Today and Hope for Tomorrow…® for people with dementia, their families and caregivers.
- Champlain Region (Eastern Counties, Ottawa, Renfrew County, North Lanark, and North Grenville)
Actions you can take to make a difference in your community and beyond. The Alzheimer Society is looking for advocates to support its work. Here are some actions you can do to help advocate Alzheimer Society priorities and help put a face to dementia:
- meet with your municipal Councillor, MPP and MP at his/her local constituency office
- use social media or write letters to connect with your local MPP or MPs on Alzheimer Society priorities
- write letters to the editor of newspapers, community newspapers, and magazines
- share your family’s story with the Alzheimer Society for use on Share Your Thoughts webpage or other opportunities
- at election times, attend all-candidates meetings or speak with candidates about Alzheimer Society priorities
- sign up for the Alzheimer Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County’s free newsletter to stay informed about programs, events, and advocacy work
If you can help or have questions, please contact: Debbie Seto, Alzheimer Society Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-369-5634.
How to Find Your Electoral District:
- Provincial: Find Your MPP
- Federal: Find Your MP
- Municipal: Find Your Councillor – Ottawa and Renfrew County