Minds in Motion®
Thank you for your interest in Minds in Motion®!
This fun community-based program combines 1 hour of physical activity, led by a City of Ottawa fitness instructor, and 1 hour of mental and social activities for individuals with dementia (in early to mid-stage) and their care partner. Enjoy getting active and meeting others during this 2 hour program that runs for 8 weeks. For more info click here.
Before you choose a session and register, please read the following program requirements to help ensure that Minds in Motion will be a good fit for you: 1. For the person with dementia:
- You’re living with early to mid-stages of dementia.
- You’ll be able to follow instructions from the fitness instructor and program coordinator. Instructions can be repeated and caregivers and volunteers are there to provide support.
For both the person with dementia and the caregiver:
- You’ll be able to take part in a one-hour group exercise class involving sitting, standing and walking exercises that can be done at your own pace. This can include doing the entire class from a seated position.
- You enjoy trying new activities.
- You’re comfortable in a group setting (approximately 25 people) and enjoy meeting new people and spending time with others.
- You like to have fun!
*If you have any questions or concerns about program eligibility, please contact the program coordinator at 613-270-1156 or firstname.lastname@example.org